This is for Chromebook users , for Mac and Windows, please go here
It depends on your computer's specifications and which platform you are playing on, but we do have in-game settings you can adjust to improve performance greatly.
You need to be in the game world first, so log into Tyto Online, and follow these directions:
- On the top left bar, above your character's name, the button for Options is on the far right. You can also access the Options menu by pressing the ESC key.
- After opening the Options menu, click Graphics Options.
- Go through the settings in the Graphics menu and experiment with lowering them.
An explanation of the Graphics Options you may see (these will be different for Windows/Mac vs. Chromebooks):
- Player POV: Setting your POV to be first person can help improve performance, but it also means you can't see your character anymore.
- Character Render Limit: Lowering this can help performance, but setting it to the lowest value is recommended as a last resort. This determines how many characters you can see at once. When the value is lowered, you'll notice characters popping in and out of existence as you look around or approach them.
- Draw Distance: Definitely good to lower, too! This determines how far away the game will render objects. When you lower it, you'll start to notice objects popping in when you get closer, but it will also increase performance greatly.
- Resolution Quality: This slider makes the biggest visual difference, so I suggest reducing it substantially only as a last resort. You'll see!